5.08.2013

Prayers are answered, of this I am certain!

I went running at the park with Alyssa one morning. Afterwords we were playing in the sandbox and I took off my sticky heart rate monitor. I put it on the stroller and went watching Alyssa play. We eventually left and I put everything in the car.

We drove 10 minutes to Walmart to do our shopping. I got there and had the sinking realization that I had not seen my heart rate monitor upon packing up our running garb. I pulled the stroller out of the car, searched it over...nothing. I looked under the seats, in Alyssa's blanket and car seat, in my purse, and in all of my little compartments hoping it was there.

Nothing.

I had to go back to the park and I hoped with all hope that I would find my heart rate monitor. I jumped back in the car and said a prayer, fervently applying all my faith that God knew exactly where my heart rate monitor was and that He would help me find it.

Ten minutes later I arrived at the park and saw a little black pile in my parking spot. Relief flooded over me and was completely solidified when I hopped out of the car and held my not-broken-squished-or-run-over heart rate monitor in my hands.

I am so grateful God heard my prayer and helped me find my heart rate monitor.

Let my athletic heart training continue.

watch and heart rate monitor, happily reunited.
[I am being completely serious. I know God answered my prayer. President Monson said: "Not a day has gone by that I have not communicated with my Father in Heaven through prayer. It is a relationship I cherish—one I would literally be lost without. If you do not now have such a relationship with your Father in Heaven, I urge you to work toward that goal. As you do so, you will be entitled to His inspiration and guidance in your life—necessities for each of us if we are to survive spiritually during our sojourn here on earth. Such inspiration and guidance are gifts He freely gives if we but seek them. What treasures they are!" 

I add my testimony to his that God hears our prayers and helps us even in the small and seemingly insignificant and slightly materialistic things. He knows what is important to us and He helps us if we will but ask.]

No comments: