6.15.2011

It's raining...poop?!

I have pictures to post, but I really just have to share what happened this morning. Alyssa and I went grocery shopping this morning. We went to Wal Mart Neighborhood Grocery on a last minute whim instead of Smith's. We're strolling the isles. She's fed and should be happy for the entire trip. I am standing in the baking goods trying to decide if I need more self-rising flour when she starts crying.

Odd.

Doesn't she remember she's supposed to be happy. I rock the cart a little hoping that will calm her while I stare at the self-rising flour.

Do I need it?

Then I feel something...something wet hit my foot.

I kind of look up. Maybe the roof's leaking.

Not quite.

I look down at my foot and there is a drop of yellow...you know the yellow I'm talking about. The yellow that only a sweet 8 week old can produce. I look at Alyssa. I notice that not only she sitting in the largest puddle of sweet yellow baby poop I've ever seen but it happens to be dripping out of the slot where the buckle pokes through in the car seat!

No wonder she was crying.

I look behind me to see that we have left a trail of poop down the isle. It's still dripping. There's some on the cart, some on me, plenty on Alyssa. I stick a diaper rag up the hole to prevent leakage and briskly walk to the cashier, buy the groceries I already have, listen to the "helpful" Wal Mart ladies interpret why she's crying and offer the changing table in the bathroom. Luckily the lines weren't like real Wal Mart or we would have been toast!

I thought the moral of the story was never trust the cleanliness of a public shopping cart.

But then I watched this:


And really...that says it all. It may have been an explosive poopy pants that cut our shopping trip short, but it was a an awesome poopy pants that is a molecule of our eternity.

5 comments:

Caitlin & Isaac Mortensen said...

EWWW.. that is really gross and so hilarious at the same time! Did you even tell the people "Clean up on isle 7"?

Sarah said...

This is awesome and you are so awesome! I think you are the only person I know who could have had such an good attitude about such a poopy experience lol. I am sure you are such an amazing mother! I hope when I have kids I can just call you sometimes and some of your goodness will rub off on me and make me kind, patient, and understanding like you!

Leslie said...

I'm glad we are not the only ones with a poop story now. That is hilarious!

Alyssa said...

I am told by my own mother that I had a similar experience in a grocery store at a young, young age. It must be the curse of the Alyssas...

Jenica Ostler said...

Oh my gosh Emily! Bless your heart. This made me laugh, only knowing its gonna happen to me! I love you.