2.22.2013

Updating Regularly + Texas in January

So I told my dad I only like to read blogs that are updated regularly. He laughed...probably because it's been ages since I updated mine.

Even though I was not planning on doing this today, I figure there is no time like the present!

Let's start at the very beginning...a very good place to start!

We went to Texas in January. (The Zoo) A fantastic time was had by all. We spent the first day there at a pretty park near Dallas central that has a wonderful bike trail and a decent-sized lake. We rode bikes and fed birds and picnicked. We saw some parrot type bird, which was exotic in Dallas. And we flew Sponge Bob, the kite. We flew him near a tree and when Alyssa was given the reigns, we flew him into a tree. Poor Sponge Bob. He's probably still there today! My favorite part of that experience was the man with the really nice kite who offered to let us fly it AFTER he watched us fly a kite into a tree. We kindly declined. Losing a Dollar Tree kite was not a great loss. Losing his kite would be detrimental.


Yes, Alyssa is drinking out of the non-working doggy fountain. She was very fascinated with the wind and her shirt.
I like this picture. Alyssa is flying the kite while JL watches on. So trusting... 

This picture is pretty much hilarious!


We went to church. Alyssa went to nursery!! !! !! After church we made sugar cookies and decorated them. Quite pro, are we! And then the next day...the zoo.



Tuesday we went kite flying at Lewisville Lake. It was my first successful kite-flying endeavor to date. I flew Raphael, the shark. He was a great flying mate.


Alyssa was more interested in throwing rocks in the lake. She and the lake were good friends.



 And then we went home and we were sad. It's always so disappointing...that going home after fun days with family. I'm getting really excited for the day we can all apparate where we want to go.



1 comment:

Briana said...

you are a great photographer! love the pond pics and kite pic...so artistic!! i should go buy that costco camera...