2.22.2013

And finally Utah in February

(I've been building up to this post. Because once I have this recorded I may deem myself caught up.)

Our February was delightful. We took the longest plane ride of our lives (from PHL to LAS to SLC x 2...bad route) to Utah to see Grandma and Papa and Caire and Porpor and gah and Jacuh. It was such a fun week and I did not take as many pictures as I thought I did. But Claire. She took lots of pictures.

We did all sorts of fun things like go to the Church History Museum. The Book of Mormon exhibit there for children is quite fantastic. Also, there, they had the art work from the youth international art exhibit. The works were phenomenal and I don't take that word lightly. I was deeply moved by what I saw. The youth understand who they are and the light that we have as Children of God. You can see the work here. I particularly liked Cutting Wordly Ties, by Emily Downing and The Tree of Life by Chelsea Speirs. I felt great hope looking at the artwork. Wonderful and beautiful!

The best part was being home, together and enjoying friendly banter and laughing and watching movies. Alyssa loves everyone and enjoys her time with family!


One of the last nights Alyssa thought Jacob was HILARIOUS! They played together and she laughed and she took his bracelets and they had so much fun.


Claire and Alyssa and Grandma played with the kitchen and store. Alyssa always wanted to go "pay". 

And now I invited my familia to comment and add memories from the trip. 


1 comment:

Liz said...

You forgot to mention our impetuous car purchase in the middle of a snow storm!Good times, good times! My favorite memory is hanging out with you and Alyssa. Alyssa made us some delicious plastic food, bread was her favorite, and we bought some wonderful things at her store. Does she ever know how to swipe a credit card!! I miss you very much!