12.28.2012

Mmm a makeover! and Christmas


I add this picture for my blog-to-book ambition. I want to remember what my "titles" were. Giving your blog a make over is like rearranging the furniture in your house. Maybe you don't do it very often. I sure can't anymore, but when I had my own room I rearranged my furniture probably once a month. This is pretty difficult to do when your bedroom is as big 10' X 8'. It was easier when I had a twin bed, but when I upgraded to a full...whoo. I remember finding myself surrounded by a huge mess and wondering how I was going to get out of the room since the dresser was in front of the door. (Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the carpet out of my room!) And when I had a twin bed, it was a day bed, the kind with 3 headboards so when I wanted to put my bed in the middle of the room I had to take of the long headboard. But I loved doing it. It was the only true way to clean my room. REARRANGEMENT!    It felt so fresh when all was said and done and it allowed my chi to find new paths, to grow and expand! That's also what giving your blog a makeover feels like. So fresh. Go chi.

How was your Christmas? Ours was fantastic. We had a jolly time. Alyssa didn't wake up early enough, so I had to go help her along around 8:30 AM. She was super impressed with her stroller and she likes her chair. She received many wonderful gifts and we are having so much fun playing with them!



Taking advantage of our Delawarian position we drove to Washington's Crossing, PA and saw a "reenactment" of Washington crossing the Delaware. I just have to say that the actors' gumption wasn't quite what it would have been for Washington and his men. They didn't quite make it across the river as in they didn't cross at all because the current was too strong. But it was a moment to add to our eternity. Alyssa saw some white, curly-haired dogs and thought they were sheep. So we petted the sheep.



Those boats weigh 6000 lbs!
After WC we talked to Elder Nelsen on google+. It was really fun to see him and hear about his adventures. He is doing really well. Time sure has flown by, but he still has so long. Yet, it will fly still.



It was fun being in charge of our own Christmas. We opened a present on Christmas Eve because we wanted to and we ate lots of sugar. Our house was an utter disaster...packing peanuts everywhere (which turned out to be Alyssa's first favorite toy). But we had fun and joy and we were so blessed to be able to still see our families despite the miles that separate us.

Thank you to everyone who helped make our Christmas so merry this year!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Emily! And a super happy new year! You and Allysa are part of my favorite memories of 2012 :) Love ya

Briana said...

I LOVE the new blog layout!!! So cute. And I love that they didn't cross the Delaware at all bahahaha. That made me smile :). Thanks for all of the updates! Your snow pics and lighthouse pics are so awesome too!