12.22.2012

A Christmas Delight

We took a little travel over to Philadelphia and went to the Christmas light show in Macy's on Market Street. Julie Andrews was the narrator, which makes all things splendid. Alyssa really enjoyed it. There was a big tree in the middle of this light show that had different colored lights and then fun little lights lit up here and there, all around the square as a story was told.

We also walked through Dicken's Village and we were reminded of the tale of A Christmas Carol. A very good book. It gets me in the right ol' mood for the holidays by reminding me that I shan't be a Scrooge, but she rather try to be a Tiny Tim.




I am grateful Erik and I have so much time with Alyssa. We are learning every day how to be better parents. There are some really challenging moments, but they all seem so small compared to the good times. Erik, in particular, is very good at playing with Alyssa. I had no idea that I picked such a great father for my children when I married him. I knew he would be good, but I didn't know he would be this good. I am grateful for all he does for myself and mostly for Alyssa.

 





No comments: