4.26.2012

I live for visitors

We have been going constantly for the last week. Mom and Ben came for a little visit. They were here for Alyssa's first birthday. We went to Longwood Gardens and had a little hot dog and cake party that night for dinner.




We went to DC. We saw the temple and about everything else you can see in DC....I haven't quite mastered how to take people there yet. Oh well. It was overall an enjoyable experience. Alyssa liked her Oreos (Lauren, did you teach her that?) and apparently that is the only picture I took there!





We also went to NYC (just go here this morning). It was a fun day. We took Megabus, which I would recommend. It avoids the parking. We rode the subway. We had some pizza and ate at the Shake Shack. We saw the 9/11 Memorial, which was sobering. But we also saw the new WTC or the Freedom Tower with a HUGE blast wall at the bottom. It was pretty amazing. We went to the Brooklyn Bridge and saw Times Square. I had a little bit of a stiff neck and back. I didn't realize that it would show up in our pictures, but indeed, in my picture in front of the Newsies sign you can see almost all of the tendons in my neck. Maybe I was a little bit tense...


I'm always glad when visitors come and I'm so glad we had such a fun time. I'm waiting for the next one...any takers (cla cough ire). Stay tuned and find out where we are going to live this summer because as we all know, staying in Newark would be too easy!

No comments: