4.10.2012

Happy Easter!

Easter is so lovely! It's spring and the weather seems to match the hope that Christ brings to the world as we remember His resurrection.

We had a little egg hunt. Erik taught Alyssa how to pick up eggs, bring them to him, and then eat the fruit snack inside of them. We tried some raisins on Easter to give her some variety, but it was clearly not what she wanted. She loves her eggs and still finds them and hopes that there will be a treat inside them, though more often than not, she is disappointed.



We celebrated Easter in style...if you consider matching outfits to be style. Awhile ago I started sewing. I got free fabric from freecycle and my mind started churning out ideas of what Easter outfits it could make. We ended up with a dress and a skirt. Erik's tie also matched. Perhaps yards of free fabric is dangerous for me, but I had a lot of fun making everything and it mostly turned out better than I anticipated! Thank goodness for freeeeee tutorials online!

Not bad for using a self timer in the woods...
Happy Easter and Happy Spring!

No comments: