2.05.2015

Birthdays All Around

Erik and I upped our ages in January. We are all feeling a little bit older around here and thankfully my birthday actually helped me to remember how young I really am! I still have 3 more birthdays and 4 full years before I even celebrate the big 3.0.!

We kind of ate our way through both our birthdays. Erik had lots of food requests - egg, bacon, cheese bagel sandwiches for breakfast, pulled pork for dinner and a whole cheesecake to eat by himself. We played games on his birthday and had a good ol' time.

Erik and Alyssa sporting birthday shirts sent from Aunt Martha.

The things I liked about my birthday were coming home from a run to see Alyssa tracing Happy  Birthday on the white board and then having her tell me that she is wearing her party dress because it's my birthday and the cream cheese rolls I made with the Lion House dough recipe. Good choice, go me.



I got new Chacos and Jambuuuuuus (extra u's for effect). It was a birthday of shoes!



I also got to make peanut butter bars with my friends and get a pedicure! (I then had to find a group of people to eat those bars. Wholly molly they were rich!)

Alyssa and I played Frozen outside and I was Elsa at this point because I was wearing the crown. At one point I was prentending to cry on a frozen Anna who had just saved my life. My neighbor came out because she thought something was wrong. She decided it was important to be nosey if someone was in distress.

Nope. No distress here, just reenacting only the most elaborate demonstration of love Disney has made in the last 18 months.



Erik and Alyssa made me a cake, I received delish chocolate cupcakes from a friend, we saw Tarzan at one of the high schools, and I talked to my awesome familia.



My cake was a square and a circle and Alyssa frosted it and dumped the sprinkles for me!!


We had to eat through the center first because that is where all the sprinkles were! Yum!

 

Yes. That's a lot about me and my awesome day.

I'm just struggling getting rid of my old Chacos. It's like saying good bye to your best friend but much more permanent. Is there a place I can lay them to rest? I'm sad that they will never call or write! 7.5 years is a long time together!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am sorry I am the worst friend and did not get you a birthday present! Geez. I promise it will be better when I live there. I am not good at long distance relationships, clearly. But I'm so glad you had a good day!! And Alyssas hair is BEAUTIFUL!