2.25.2015

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's day rocked this year! We gave some love (in the form of awesome hand-crafted Valentines as seen below as well as some transformed crayon hearts) and we received MUCH love! I like childlike Valentine's much better than "you're single, bah haha, my life stinks" V-days adolescence seemed to slam in my face.

Alyssa and Erik worked hard creating unique hearts for our dear families!



Sometimes Alyssa looked like this when she was making a Valentine...but she still loves you!


Voila! Hearts with eyes, ears, mouth, and nose...and earrings!


We also made heart sugar cookies. Mmmm. I justified this only because we were having the missionaries over for dinner. I think that my sugar intake was higher for V-day than for Christmas. I was not mentally prepared to withstand the Valentine's sugar rush.



We received lots of love! Packages from Grandma and Nana came. Aunt Claire sent Alyssa a Frozen t-shirt and I made her that nifty skirt. The Valentine Man (who she thinks was the mailman) brought her a balloon and lip gloss! We also got a HUGE heart of chocolate from an anonymous friend with a cute book called Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch! It was a special day!



No comments: