7.30.2016

When the Nelsens come to the 'Sip

The whole Nelsen clan came for a visit this week! It has been so fun! Alyssa and I counted down, anxiously awaiting their arrival! And it came! It finally came! We visited Monroe and Poverty Point in Louisiana. We ate at Frog Head Grill in Clinton. Natchez and Vicksburg reminded us of the war that raged as a divided nation sought to preserve unity and expand freedom. 



The true joy came from the time spent together doing new things and remembering the good ol' times! We tried alligator (...everything is good when it is deep fried, right?!) and ate donuts. We swam in the hotel swimming pool! Alyssa spent a couple of fun nights with Grandma and Grandpa in their hotel room, and she entertained and included everyone in her Barbie's escapades! She also had us all in for a salon treatment - face wash and lotion included! Our friendships deepened. Taft became familiar with everyone. We laughed until we cried! 




Time passes quickly and moments are fleeting. It's so hard to remember every little thing that happened, though I wish I could! Ultimately I hope I can remember how it felt to have everyone around. I hope my children will know how much they are loved by Grandma and Grandpa, Jacob, Ben, Claire, and Porter. We are so blessed to have visits like these when many miles separate us.



Until next time!

No comments: