8.20.2013

The Dance, The Hole, and The Breakfast

 Some things we did in June-ish and July.

We went to a dance at the church! A young woman organized it for a personal progress project. Erik and I had a blast! Check out the great prom-like pic! :)

When I make dough for bread, Alyssa likes some pieces of it. Usually she just eats it, but this day she rolled it out on her pan! And then ate it...


I must now tell you about the hole. We went to the beach with Taylor and Krystalee. Erik wanted to dig a hole to sea level. Taylor said it was impossible, or something like that. So Erik started on his own.


Alyssa watched and helped and sat in the sand and enjoyed herself in general.


The hole got bigger.


And bigger...and Taylor started helping. A challenge he could not resist, to be sure!


And bigger-er-er.


Until sea level was reached! Ta-da! This picture really doesn't do it justice!



Pretty soon the other kids on the beach were jumping in and they also started digging their own holes! Wow! What trend setters!


A little lovin' in the hole.


And some more family together time in the hole.


Even Krystalee and baby boy got in on the action!



We also participated in the tri-ward pancake breakfast. I wish we were just innocent bystanders, but we indeed purchased all the food and directed the pancake-making-berry-cutting fiesta! It was a lot of work, but definitely fun! And of course we incorporated red, white and blue into the pancakes! Sprinkles is a great way to do it + the strawberries and blueberries!

Alyssa and her friend Bentley were in a little parade. Bentley loves to have his picture taken. He demands it when he sees the camera, actually.


And some of my amigos, M and A. I think they are pretty awesome. And now they are my visiting teachers-together! What are the chances?!


And finally, Alyssa is awesome. Basically that is the message of all of my pictures and posts. She has awesome hair, awesome style, and awesome loveliness.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool!! I have always wonder if you could get to the ocean level by digging a hole! I see what I am doing next time in the beach :)Miss you!

Sarah said...

yay for all your new blog posts! plus I am a little jealous that we missed the dance at church. I am always looking for excuses to wear my old prom dresses (if I had them).