4.29.2013

Pictures without People

Dad always told me to put a person in my picture. I used to take pictures, back when it was film and not all digital, of the flowers in our garden. I remember a few pictures of snap dragons. They were beautiful! But I learned: put a person in your picture.

Well, I'm taking a break from people in my pictures for just a short story.

I got a book from the library for Alyssa called Hippospotamus. It is about a hippo who has a spot on her bottom and all these animals tell her different ways to get it off and then at the end you find out it is bubble gum.


When I read it to Alyssa she always says "bubble gum" on the first page and on the last page. Here is the first page.



Here is the last page.



One day I asked Alyssa to point to the bubble gum. This is where I became very surprised as to Alyssa's understanding of bubble gum. Please, aside from the bubble gum and the hippo, what is the same in both of these pictures? Did you notice it? Yes, the frogs. I had not even noticed this! But, indeed, the frogs truly are in both of the pictures and when I asked Alyssa to point to the bubble gum she proudly pointed to the frogs and said "bubble gum"!

maybe one day she won't move when I take her picture, but you can still see her great smile!
My second no subject picture is of our pillows. I try really hard to get laundry done all in one day, but it just doesn't work sometimes (like ever). And our sheet situation is such that I need all the pillowcases I own for all of our pillows regardless if they are matching. We prepared for bed too late one night and I had the horrible realization that I hadn't washed the pillowcases so Erik suggested shirts. And that is what we used for our pillows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I remember david fxing our laundry problem with the same idea! Hilarious!!