2.08.2012

A Little of this...a little of that

Twas my birthday last week. Erik made me this awesome purple cake that says "We [heart] U". Alyssa enjoyed eating it.





We are just doing our thing these days. I haven't taken many pics of Alyssa, but I mustered up a few for a blogging occasion. She's a very silly baby. She is still lovin' her food but when she is done she picks the food up one piece at a time and drops it on the floor. She loves pianos and computers and she is SO CLOSE to walking. Her little toes are wrapped so tight around the carpet that I'm not sure she'll ever let go (this seems to be the hold-up).





In effort to be "productive" I created a primary songs and scriptures jar to start a scripture study with Alyssa. Ann said she does (did) this with Tyler and Ashlyn. If anything I hope Alyssa will pick the paper out and enjoy a new song for bed time besides the STS (same ten songs). 


It's raining here. It's actually kind of a wintery mix. (Have you heard that terminology before? I hadn't until this year.) It makes for gray and miserable looking days. But oh well, it'll be 50 F tomorrow!

I'm looking for ideas to teach a 6th grader some math. We are using the trampoline for times tables but we need a song or two. So for those of you who are secretly reading my blog, reveal yourself with some good ideas, a'ight?

Oh and....drum roll...add another piece of free furniture to our collection! Yesterday I found an Ikea Poang chair on craigslist.com ($5). That's a pretty awesome deal so...I go pick it up only to find out that we can actually just have it. I now feel like my living room is complete. Two sitting chairs and a dilapidated couch. What more can a college student's wife ask for? Nothing :)

No comments: