1.29.2012

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo-oo!

Erik had a birthday since the last time I wrote. No candles...only matches! He turned 62.


We've had quite the adventurous week. Erik had a transportation conference in Washington D.C. and since he didn't have a roommate, I got to go with him! We left in the wee-est wee hours of Monday morning and rode the MARC train  to Washington D.C. Erik saw us to the Smithsonian metro station and left us to explore. We went to the Smithsonian Castle where we stayed until 11 AM (even though the museums were supposed to open at 10 AM) because of the "icey and snowy conditions." Yeah...different, but ok.

Notice the "snowy" conditions....


On Monday we saw the American History Museum. Unfortunately they are in the process of moving Julia (Child)'s kitchen, so we couldn't see it. The African American exhibit is also moving. We did see the First Ladies' dresses, which was quite interesting as well as lots of other history. We also went the Museum of Natural History. I think the best exhibit there is the taxidermy animals.



On Tuesday we went to the zoo! I loved it! If you haven't been there, then when you come to visit me, I will take you there. It's free! And the animals are awesome. There are 7 lion cubs (soon to be split up) which makes a great pride. That is something I have not seen before. Alyssa liked the noisy animals or the noisy tourists speaking not English.

Who's cuter? The ugly bird or Alyssa in a pig hat?


Wednesday was our final journey. We went to the Holocaust memorial and the Art Gallery. African Americans LOVE Alyssa's hair. One of the security officers at the Gallery offered her a job! She did so well the entire week...just cruisin' in her stroller. It was nice to come home, though. Erik and Alyssa were a little tired on the train ride home.



I think I'm finally caught up on life and ready to have a birthday. (Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...happy birthday, dear Emily, happy birthday to me!)

1 comment:

Parish & Becca said...

Your posts are so cute, and always put a big smile on my face. What fun you're having out there, I'm a little jealous :)