10.18.2011

Do we all look the same?

[Just as a little disclaimer. I am not racist. I think people of all ethnicity, skin colors, heritages are generally great people. Just so you know and don't take this post the wrong way]

I looked out the window and saw an African American man leave his car. That's not really unusual around here considering that of the 4 apartments in our "building" we are the only Caucasian family. Then I thought to myself..."Do all Caucasians look the same to all African Americans like all African Americans look the same to me?" Now, I know they don't all look the same. The guy who wears really long shorts and a sideways baseball cap with a little bit of a heavier set is definitely not the same as the one who is a bit taller and thinner and limps BUT when there are like 6 guys with kind of gray beards who talk in their African American dialect outside my window, I just had to wonder...

No comments: