7.17.2014

Love rises above frustration

We went to Durango, and now we are back. Pulling away from the mountains and my family of crazy Nelsens broke my heart. We had too much fun for words. More on that later (when I feel like I can actually put the picture up and tell a cohesive story about the best nature on this planet with the best people I know).

In the meantime, since being back we have been a little over the top busy. I did this mostly intentionally so that I wouldn't have time to sit around and pout about living in he...the steamer of the south. Now Alyssa is at swimming lessons with Erik and, after a long afternoon with that munchkin, I am taking time to reflect about how much I do love her, including her strong will and persistently demanding though lovely and adorable personality.

:: I love the way her small hand fits into mine when we are walking places together. She holds on to me and I show her the way.

:: The same 25 primary songs have not worn her out yet and she sings them with such vigor!

:: Swimming without a floatie is daring and wonderful for her even though she is three and can barely keep her head above water. I love to see her work so diligently to do something difficult for her.

:: She lets me do her hair and her nails.

Now they are home, so I must go. It's good to remember the good! The frustrations were only a part of today. There was much good to cover up the bad.

No comments: