7.21.2012

College Tours

While we are touring the United States for the first two-point-five years of our marriage, we thought we should visit potential colleges for Alyssa. We've been to Stanford (in utero), BYU, and now Duke! I'm sure it will help her in her college decision making process. I saw some pictures of Duke online and decided we should take a gander. It is about 1/2 hour northwest of where we live now. We went to the cathedral-like Duke Chapel and Sarah P. Duke Botanical Gardens. If anything the adventure got us out of the house on this muggy, overcast Saturday on which we slept in until 9:30 AM and provided an opportunity for genuine family bonding time.

Erik lost his arm in a tragic accident, but he's recovering well. He's also blind...

 Alyssa was modeling for me. She's mostly camera shy these days. I think she looks particularly brooding in the left picture.


Lily pads! I've never really seen them before. They look pretty amazing and they grow beautiful flowers (lilies?).


I put this picture up for 1 reason and, really, I mean it, 1 reason only: to make you laugh. You have to laugh when you see it! I look like...an elderly lady I know that I may or may not be related to...(name sake), feet starting to turn out, waistline entirely too high for fashion, and (not that this lady is) extremely wide. I don't think the angle was quite right but I really do look at this picture and just laugh, so I hope you will, too!


Finally, for dinner we had hoagies. Erik thought it was unusually large. And Alyssa is saying "Please don't make me eat that whole thing!" Mmm. It was a good hoagie, though. We even splurged and had real deli meat. mm mm mm!


Happy Saturday! 

No comments: